The summer months in Southern Mississippi are extremely hot and humid. For many people, the best way to escape is by jumping into a swimming pool filled with cool, refreshing water. If you are a homeowner in this part of the country and are interested in having a pool installed in your backyard, there are several important decisions to make.
Not only do you need to decide on the type, shape, and size of the pool itself, you need to pick the type of decking. As you will discover, there are several key benefits that go hand-in-hand with concrete pool decks for homeowners in Southern Mississippi.
- Unique Aesthetics – One benefit is the wide range of aesthetics achieved with concrete pool decks. With a product like Sundek’s Classic Texture, the possibilities are almost limitless. Regardless if you want a pool deck that has a tropical feel, something warm and inviting, or a deck that is fun and vibrant, it can be achieved.
- Customization – Rather than cookie-cutter concrete pool decks in Southern Mississippi, homeowners can go with something customized. For instance, using SunStamp, the surface mimics a variety of materials, including wood, brick, stone, slate, and so on. Customization is also possible with aggregates, as well as mixed and matched design elements.
- Easy Maintenance and Cleanup – Instead of wasting precious time keeping the area around your pool in pristine condition, both the maintenance and cleanup of concrete pool decks are a breeze.
- Heat Reflection – Unfortunately, pool decks made of brick and tile are extremely hot to walk on. In comparison, concrete actually reflects the sun’s radiation, making it more comfortable when walking around on bare feet. In addition, certain decorative toppings can be applied to dramatically lower the temperature of the deck’s surface.
- Slip-Resistant – Even kids are constantly reminded not to run around the pool, kids will be kids. To prevent accidents that lead to injuries, different aggregates can be added or techniques used that create a slip-resistant surface.
- Increased Home Value – Another benefit of concrete pool decks is that they add value to homes. By making this decision for your Southern Mississippi home, you gain a huge advantage. If you suspect that you might sell your home within the next five to ten years, there is no question that the pool deck would be a huge selling point. However, if selling is a possibility, you might want to consider more neutral colors and be sure to have the deck sealed as recommended by the installer. That way, it will remain in perfect condition.