Posts By: admin
You have a big gathering planned for family and friends at your home in just a few weeks. While you have everything organized – food, beverages, games, decorations, and entertainment – you realize your concrete patio floors look horrible. Instead of stressing about the lack of time, you can create whatever look you want within one to two days using decorative concrete overlays or coatings.
Although you have virtually endless possibilities, the following are some ideas worth considering. Remember, your new concrete patio floors will look gorgeous not only for your big event but for many years after. In fact, that one change will enhance both the appearance and value of your property.
- Stained Concrete – For this option, you can choose between a water- and acid-based stain. They both produce unbelievable results but in different ways. With a water-based stain, the surface changes color. If you use something like SunH20, you have a fantastic choice of many bold and fun colors. In comparison, an acid-based stain, like SunAcid, penetrates and reacts to chemicals in the concrete. Although there are fewer color options, you end up with a marbled effect. If you prefer a more sophisticated look, go with the acid-based stain. For vibrancy, select the water-based stain.
- Epoxy – Epoxy might be popular for garage floors, but it also makes an excellent choice for concrete patio floors. Based on the design or theme that you want, you would select the coordinating color. For a “wow” factor, have the installer create beautiful textures and designs. Combined with the fact that epoxy is cool to bare feet and slip resistant, this makes it ideal for a backyard patio transformation.
- Stamped Concrete – Yet another possibility is having your concrete patio floors stamped. Again, depending on the look you want to achieve, a professional installer can use templates or create a custom design. For the latter, the entire family can come up with something unique, or you can rely on the expert for ideas.
Now that you have decided to transform your backyard pool area, you need to come up with some ideas. As you research the various options for decorative concrete pool decks, you may feel overwhelmed by the vast opportunities. Without limitations, you can achieve any look that you want, whether formal, elegant, whimsical, country, modern, or something entirely different.
Following are just a few suggestions for decorative concrete pool decks that you might consider for your upcoming project.
- Mixed Stamp Design – Using products like SunStamp and SunStone, you could have much of the deck designed with what appears like slate or flagstone. For the rest, have a rock pattern created. This gorgeous combination is perfect for creating an inviting yet sophisticated area around your swimming pool.
- Raised Ledge – Another beautiful design for decorative concrete pool decks consists of an earth-toned concrete overlay in what appears as oversized square tiles combined with a raised ledge that goes around the perimeter of the pool. For contrast, use the same overlay for the sides of the ledge. Then use a stamped brick concrete design in a slightly darker color on the top.
- Elegance – An excellent way to make your pool area look elegant is by having a solid gray or marbled-effect stamped overlay applied that looks like slate. Then, have a dark gray border added to create a one-of-a-kind design. The contrasting gray colors look stunning together.
- Customized Designs – As mentioned, the remarkable thing about decorative concrete pool decks is that there are no limits. For something unique, have the installer create a design on one area of the decking. You could choose a sundial, palm tree, fish, or virtually anything that you want.
- Shiny and Sleek – A shiny overlay in amber or goldish color would enhance the entire backyard area. Especially at night, landscape lighting would reflect off the decking, making it even more alluring. Although it appears wet, the right overlay would have a slip-resistant surface.
With an increasing number of people focusing on better health and toned bodies, you decided to open a new health spa in Baton Rouge. Now comes the fun part of designing the interior and exterior. Instead of doing what every other spa owner does, you want to offer your clientele something unique. Epoxy floors are an excellent solution that you can use inside and outside.
On the interior of your health spa, epoxy floors are ideal for common and workout areas. Because this coating is highly resistant to abrasions, impacts, and daily wear and tear, you can have it installed on the floor where you locate the workout equipment. Even if someone drops dumbbells or moves a piece of equipment, the floor will hold up incredibly well.
For common areas, you will enjoy the same durability in addition to beautifully designed epoxy floors. You can select from a host of beautiful colors, textures, and patterns. In fact, you can have aggregates, quartz beads, metallic chips, and other things added to give the space personality and character. A product like SunMetal FX is perfect.
If you plan to have a daycare area where parents can drop their children off while exercising, epoxy floors are impossible to beat. Not only can they withstand children’s activities, but with so many vibrant colors, you can mix and match to create a fun and one-of-a-kind space where the little ones look forward to visiting.
As far as the outside of your Baton Rouge health spa, epoxy works just as well. As an example, you can have this coating applied to the concrete walkway leading up to the door of the spa. With its slip-resistant and comfortable surface and its array of design effects and colors, your guest will feel welcomed every time they come to your spa to work out, swim, relax, or participate in a fitness class.
If you want to restore a worn outdoor surface with mild imperfections, whether a patio, walkway, or driveway, high-quality acrylic coatings are perfect. These coatings create a slip-resistant surface and are easy to clean. Another benefit is that because the surface remains cool to the touch, even on sizzling summer days, they are ideal for pool decks.
Decorative concrete transforms both the appearance and functionality of a broad range of outdoor surfaces. However, if you want to enhance the look even further, you should seriously consider acrylic coatings. With incredible versatility, they work on almost any design.
As a prime example, applying acrylic coatings on top of stamped concrete gives the design more dimension. That means if you have a patio stamped to look like genuine wood, brick, or rock, the right product will enhance an already beautiful surface. Not only will you and your family enjoy the new look, but it will stun friends who come to visit.
Keep in mind that to achieve what you want, make sure the installer you hire uses a superior-quality product, like SunColor. For this kind of project, an expert first power washes the existing concrete surface. Once thoroughly dried, the expert applies an epoxy primer followed by the acrylic coating.
The best acrylic coatings can even add texture to the concrete surface. For instance, SunSand adds a slight amount of texture to give the space originality while making the surface more slip-resistant. You can also choose from multiple colors that create a unique personality. If you want a unique look, have masonry or aggregate effects added.
Superior-quality acrylic coatings look fantastic and require little maintenance. Ultimately, you end up with a concrete surface with a distinctive look you can enjoy for many years. For ideas, you can research online or talk to the installer about various possibilities.
Whether you are having a new surface installed or an overlay applied, concrete sealers are essential. A quality sealer protects the concrete from harmful UV rays, road salts, oil spills, hot tire marks, and various other contaminants. As a result, the driveway lasts a long time and looks great.
Also, if you had a colored overlay applied to a driveway, patio, walkway, pool deck, or any other outdoor concrete surface and sealed, you never have to worry about discoloration caused by the sun. The same goes for oil and other fluid spills from changing the oil or flushing the radiator. Concrete sealers protect the surface from spilled grease and antifreeze.
Concrete sealers can also enhance the appearance of overlays, finishes, and coatings. For instance, by having color added to a sealer, it revives the look of the decorative concrete surface. In fact, it can alter it to some degree. You can even select from different degrees of sheen, meaning you can opt for a sealer that creates a slight or intense glossy surface.
Something else to know about concrete sealers is that because they act as a layer of protection, you will find it much easier to keep the surface clean and maintained. Typically, sweeping and hosing it off with a garden hose is all you need. For stubborn stains, you can purchase a quality cleaning product explicitly formulated for sealed concrete surfaces.
For you to enjoy all the benefits that concrete sealers provide, it is imperative to have a quality product applied. Something like SunClear EcoProtect or SunClear UltraProtect is ideal. Remember, concrete is a porous material. Because of that, fluids penetrate. Without a sealer, things like chemicals, sunlight, oil, fertilizer, and salt can cause considerable damage. For flawless service and lasting beauty, always have a concrete surface sealed with a quality product.