Posts By: admin
Among the many places in the country that offer exceptional outdoor living, Baton Rouge has to be considered. Even with its hot and humid summers, people love spending quality time outdoors with family and friends. To make backyard barbecues, swimming parties, informal adult get-togethers, and formal events more enjoyable, outdoor living concrete is the perfect solution.
An increasing number of homeowners in Baton Rouge are having their concrete surfaces transformed, whether patios, pool decks, porches, walkways, or something else. Because outdoor living concrete is so versatile, it is perfect for both horizontal and vertical applications; there is no reason to stop with the floors. Instead, the aesthetics of existing patios can be changed, right along with countertops, walls, fireplace surrounds, water features, fire pits, and more.
After homeowners decide on the concrete surface to change, they look forward to researching all of the different color options. Instead of gray concrete that has no personality or character, they have a broad range of colors and color combinations. Both subtle and bold colors are trendy. For something subtle, some homeowners choose SunColor, an exceptional water-based stain. For neutral and bolder colors, an acid-based stain called SunAcid is extremely popular.
Different textures and patterns can also in high demand. This allows Baton Rouge homeowners to create the exact type of personal oasis they want for their backyards. Some of them prefer an outdoor space that looks clean, refreshed, and refined. In this case, decorative overlays are ideal. On the other hand, decorative concrete that is stamped to mimic brick, slate, flagstone, cobblestone, wood, or another material is also a top choice.
Regardless of the type of outdoor living concrete that people want for their Baton Rouge homes, they can stick with conventional colors, patterns, and textures or mix and match for a more personalized aesthetic that really makes a lasting impression.
While there are no limitations when it comes to choices for enhancing a person’s outdoor living experience, there are a few factors to consider. For instance, it is important to create an outdoor space that complements the home. This does not mean that homeowners have to stick with neutral colors or traditional patterns, just that they will get more value from outdoor living concrete when it is used to create a cohesive look. This is especially true for those who anticipate selling their home within the next few years. Of course, it is just as important for Baton Rouge homeowners to choose what they like. If necessary, an expert can always customize concrete solutions to create a one-of-a-kind aesthetic.
Although many types of businesses have become fiercely competitive, restaurants probably rank at the top of the list. Whether driving through a small town or a huge metropolitan area, various types of dining establishments are everywhere. If you own a restaurant in New Orleans, it is imperative that you step outside of the box to find ways that make your business stand out from the competition. One option is with concrete patios and porches.
Even if you serve delicious food and exotic drinks, offer affordable prices, and have a stunning decor, you need to be creative to entice people inside. This applies to not only startups and newly opened restaurants but also those that have been around for 10, 20, or 30 years. Many people in New Orleans enjoy eating or having a drink outside, which creates a huge opportunity for you.
Concrete patios and porches are a hot trend in New Orleans restaurants. For patios, you can choose from many types of decorative concrete solutions, including polished, stamped, and stained concrete. You have unlimited options regarding texture, pattern, and color. Therefore, you can get as creative as you want while choosing something that complements your business and brand.
Decorative concrete is also the perfect solution if you have an outside porch at your New Orleans restaurant. You have the opportunity to create an enticing space where patrons can wait until seated inside. For instance, SunStamp from Sundek creates Old World charm and elegance; this would be beautiful for a more traditional restaurant. Tuscan, which is a handcrafted overlay, is the ideal choice for a restaurant that offers a fine dining experience. There are even stamps that mimic wood and brick, perfect for a more rustic-style restaurant.
The summer months in Southern Mississippi are extremely hot and humid. For many people, the best way to escape is by jumping into a swimming pool filled with cool, refreshing water. If you are a homeowner in this part of the country and are interested in having a pool installed in your backyard, there are several important decisions to make.
Not only do you need to decide on the type, shape, and size of the pool itself, you need to pick the type of decking. As you will discover, there are several key benefits that go hand-in-hand with concrete pool decks for homeowners in Southern Mississippi.
- Unique Aesthetics – One benefit is the wide range of aesthetics achieved with concrete pool decks. With a product like Sundek’s Classic Texture, the possibilities are almost limitless. Regardless if you want a pool deck that has a tropical feel, something warm and inviting, or a deck that is fun and vibrant, it can be achieved.
- Customization – Rather than cookie-cutter concrete pool decks in Southern Mississippi, homeowners can go with something customized. For instance, using SunStamp, the surface mimics a variety of materials, including wood, brick, stone, slate, and so on. Customization is also possible with aggregates, as well as mixed and matched design elements.
- Easy Maintenance and Cleanup – Instead of wasting precious time keeping the area around your pool in pristine condition, both the maintenance and cleanup of concrete pool decks are a breeze.
- Heat Reflection – Unfortunately, pool decks made of brick and tile are extremely hot to walk on. In comparison, concrete actually reflects the sun’s radiation, making it more comfortable when walking around on bare feet. In addition, certain decorative toppings can be applied to dramatically lower the temperature of the deck’s surface.
- Slip-Resistant – Even kids are constantly reminded not to run around the pool, kids will be kids. To prevent accidents that lead to injuries, different aggregates can be added or techniques used that create a slip-resistant surface.
- Increased Home Value – Another benefit of concrete pool decks is that they add value to homes. By making this decision for your Southern Mississippi home, you gain a huge advantage. If you suspect that you might sell your home within the next five to ten years, there is no question that the pool deck would be a huge selling point. However, if selling is a possibility, you might want to consider more neutral colors and be sure to have the deck sealed as recommended by the installer. That way, it will remain in perfect condition.
Just imagine how much fun your kids and their friends would have in a playroom that has a floor that perfectly mimics a basketball court. The exciting news is that this is actually possible thanks to SunEpoxy 54 or SunEpoxy 100 epoxy floors. By choosing the right colors and design techniques, virtually any design element is possible, even a basketball court in your Baton Rouge home.
While fun anytime, the playroom would be the perfect way to keep bored kids busy on rainy or snowy days when getting outside is difficult. If the playroom is large enough, the epoxy floors could cover a full court as opposed to a half court. With that, your children could practice whenever they wanted. If they play for the school basketball team, this would give them a huge advantage.
Unlike painted floors where lines and team logos quickly fade or wear away, epoxy floors are designed to last. Not only are these floors incredibly durable, they have anti-fatigue benefits. That means that your kids, and perhaps adults, as well, could enjoy games of basketball for years without the floors experiencing wear and tear. It also means that the people involved in the games would have a floor that is comfortable and less fatiguing on their muscles.
Once the concrete surface is prepared, the basketball court lines would be taped off, as well as any other areas for logos. Then, either a gray or blondish colored epoxy would be applied. Once completely dry, the court lines and logos would be added.
For added protection, a top coat sealer should always be applied to epoxy floors. For the playroom in your Baton Rouge home, this will enhance functionality, aesthetics, and endurance, allowing the floors to last much longer.
Professionals use various application methods for acrylic coatings in Mandeville homes. Choosing the correct method is critical to the project outcome because if the wrong method is used or the application is not done correctly, the effectiveness of the coating could be seriously compromised.
- Brushing – This is one method for applying acrylic coatings in Mandeville homes. Just as the name implies, the coating is literally brushed on. However, there are different types of brushes used. For instance, some professionals use chip brushes, which are only used once and then thrown away. The benefit is that chip brushes are perfect for cutting in edges on thicker acrylic coatings. The second option is an angled synthetic brush, which also produces a clean edge. When applying graphics, logos, and other colored embellishments, many professionals prefer brushes made of horsehair.
- Rolling – Especially when applying acrylic coatings on larger surface areas in Mandeville homes, rolling is a great method. For clear coats, as well as epoxies, a roller cover with a 3/8-inch nap is recommended. That way, hairs are not pulled out of the roller when installing a solvent-based coat. This roller also produces a smoother and glossier finish. For resealing a surface or when installing stamped concrete, a 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch nap is usually a better choice, since it prevents extra sealer from getting into the patterned textures, as well as seams and grout lines.
- Squeegeeing – For applying coatings on floors and other larger surfaces in Mandeville homes, a squeegee can be ideal. A rubber, 14-inch or 16-inch squeegee works great since it ensures a lesser amount of coating is left on lower surface spots.
When hiring the right company to apply acrylic coatings in Mandeville homes, an assessment is performed prior to starting any actual work. That way, the appropriate application method can be determined to ensure the best results possible.