Now that you have decided to transform your backyard pool area, you need to come up with some ideas. As you research the various options for decorative concrete pool decks, you may feel overwhelmed by the vast opportunities. Without limitations, you can achieve any look that you want, whether formal, elegant, whimsical, country, modern, or something entirely different.
Following are just a few suggestions for decorative concrete pool decks that you might consider for your upcoming project.
- Mixed Stamp Design – Using products like SunStamp and SunStone, you could have much of the deck designed with what appears like slate or flagstone. For the rest, have a rock pattern created. This gorgeous combination is perfect for creating an inviting yet sophisticated area around your swimming pool.
- Raised Ledge – Another beautiful design for decorative concrete pool decks consists of an earth-toned concrete overlay in what appears as oversized square tiles combined with a raised ledge that goes around the perimeter of the pool. For contrast, use the same overlay for the sides of the ledge. Then use a stamped brick concrete design in a slightly darker color on the top.
- Elegance – An excellent way to make your pool area look elegant is by having a solid gray or marbled-effect stamped overlay applied that looks like slate. Then, have a dark gray border added to create a one-of-a-kind design. The contrasting gray colors look stunning together.
- Customized Designs – As mentioned, the remarkable thing about decorative concrete pool decks is that there are no limits. For something unique, have the installer create a design on one area of the decking. You could choose a sundial, palm tree, fish, or virtually anything that you want.
- Shiny and Sleek – A shiny overlay in amber or goldish color would enhance the entire backyard area. Especially at night, landscape lighting would reflect off the decking, making it even more alluring. Although it appears wet, the right overlay would have a slip-resistant surface.